Friday I worked, picked up Reese and then headed off to WV for a fun camping weekend.
fun app - pocketbooth
it was a little hot for a fire, but you have to have a fire when camping, right?!?
- 4am Reese woke me to let her out
- 7am awake again to start the day - check email in bed and notice that Reese's water bowl has been dropped right next to the bed, I guess she got thirsty in the middle of the night
- 8am get to work
- 8-10 mission plan for our local pro flight
- 10-1230 fly up to Columbus IN (BAK) and do practice approaches and landings
- 1230-145pm home, pick up Reese, grab ice, fill up gas tank and hit the road to WV
- 145-6pm drive to Beckley WV to begin the weekend camping. We had no reservations, but some maps I printed out of New River Gorge National Park. Camping is free and there are several sights along the river. We chose Glade Creek Sandbar. There were some campsites on the river, but all full by the time we got there, so we stayed in the wooded campsites (also nice)
- 630-10pm set up camp, cook some tacos for dinner, build a fire, sweat a little (it was 100 degrees that day), chilled, ate cookies, talked about plans for tomorrow, hit the hay.