Schew.... I did it! I managed to keep up. Now the true task is if I can get it into something tangible!
- I have the smallest bladder... and it stinks when I have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom while camping. At least it wasn't cold (that's THE worst)
- exhaustion makes sleeping in a tent easier
- yummy breakfast is the only way to start the day
- me and the man... we make an excellent camping team. We can set up and take down camp like nothing. we just move along in sync and get everything taken care of. He's fun, he makes me smile... even when he tries to kill me ;) He is also great at dealing with me mentioning the "attempted killing" NUMEROUS times.
- life is about adventure. I love being with someone that will challenge me... and of course is willing to admit when we push it a little into the stupid realm.
- a day later the hike doesn't seem as scary. it's fun to laugh and joke about, but I'm still saying I won't go follow him on an unmarked trail ever again (even though I know I would.. I just can't let him in on this just yet).
- WV is beautiful. gorgeous sights, worth visiting "if you like that kinda thing".
- ensure the drain valve on cooler is closed before placing in car for 6 hours
using AutoStitch Panorama app
- after making more breakfast tacos, we packed up camp and then rolled out around 10am to check out the New River Gorge bridge.
- We swung by another nearby campsite to check out it's potential (it didn't really have any) and stopped on a small bridge for some photo ops and taking in the absolutely beautiful scenery.
- We walked the dogs down to the bridge overlook. it is such a cool bridge. It's a single span steel arch bridge that was completed in 1977. It's a little over 3,000' long and you could fit one washington monument plus 2 statues of liberty (one on top of the other) under it.
- we had a picnic lunch of turkey and cheese before heading back home.
- I had a soccer game at 5 so I drove straight there and too Reese with me. I made it 10minutes late. only 3 of our regular guys were there and we ended up losing 10-5. bummer.
- finally home, it was nearly 100 degrees again. I unpacked car, discovered leak from cooler. bummer again.
- after getting cleaned up I caught up on some tv. Home by Novogratz (love it!), Secrets from a Stylest (Emily is awesome) and Candice tells All (she is SOOO good at what she does).
- skype date watching The Bachelorette (or Ashlorette as Secrets from a Stylist, Emily, calls it). It was the men tell all episode.... I guess it's good to see that there really are some diehard romantic men.
- bedtime - ahhhhh... my bed is sooo comfy and I don't even have to get up early. day off on monday
I really enjoyed this week in the life project. Focusing on those little, daily things that usually don't get documented, was actually really fun. Now it's time to print photos and get to mini book making.